The Finish Line Conference at Church of God HQ, Oct. 27-28
ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 15, 2009–J. Hudson Taylor IV, great grandson and namesake of the pioneering missionary to China, will head an impressive list of speakers at The Finish Line, a strategic conference on evangelism and church planting to be conducted at the Church of God World Headquarters in Cleveland, Tennessee, October 27-28, 2009. The conference will focus on the networking of church leaders in order to reach the “unreached people groups” throughout the world.
Philip Jenkins, Distinguished Professor of History and Religious Studies at Penn State University and author of The Rise of Global Christianity and The Next Christendom, is a featured speaker. Jenkins has received a great deal of attention for his recent work on the changing face of the church and the explosion of Christianity in the global south.
The conference is the second in The Finish Line series of summits. The first conference, in January 2006, brought together nearly 100 leaders to hear presentations by Elmer Towns, Jack Hayford, James Merritt, and David Mohan. The Finish Line series is guided by a five-point structure for building a strong network worldwide developed by Dr. Paul Walker, former Overseer of the Church of God: relationships, resources, research, recommendations, and reports.
Other presenter at the summit will include:
• Douglas LeRoy, the World Missions Director for Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee
• Suliasi Kurulo, founder of World Harvest Centre in Suva, Fiji
• Raymond Culpepper, General Overseer of Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee
• Alex Abraham, foremost expert on unreached peoples of India
• Alex Mitala, Chairman, New Birth Fellowship (20,000 churches), Kampala, Uganda.
• James O. Davis, Cofounder of Billion Soul Network
• Gustavo Crocker, Eurasia Director of the Church of the Nazarene, Switzerland
• Alexey Ledyaev, founder of New Generation Churches, Riga, Latvia
• David Sobrepeña, founding pastor Word of Hope, Manila, Philippines
This international summit is by invitation only. Candidates should contact the Billion Soul Network at events@Billion.tv
Media Note: To arrange an interview with conference organizers or speakers, contact Debbie Payton of Rooftop MediaWorks at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 245-8500.