1. Supercharged Wi-Fi Everywhere?: FCC move may allow for stronger, faster networks that will extend broadband signals to bypassed rural areas and eliminate annoying dead zones. wireless Internet
This month, the F.C.C. is likely to approve what could be an even bigger expansion of the unlicensed airwaves, opening the door to supercharged Wi-Fi networks that will do away with the need to find a wireless hot spot and will provide the scaffolding for new applications that are not yet imagined.
2. Two for the price of one: Good night for those of us who celebrate when the Redskins win and when the Cowboys lose.
Redskins 13, Cowboys 7
3. Culture War Shift among Young Christians: Jonathan Merritt looks at why the next generation seems to be tiring of Prop 8 and the traditional culture ware issues.
The next generation seems far less concerned with traditional culture war issues and methodology, a truth that is underscored by young peoples’ general disinterest in the Prop 8 debate.
4. A Christian view on climate action: Joel Hunter tells Restoring Eden what he believes the Christian community must do to advance action on climate change:
5. Is modesty making a comeback?: At least in high fashion, there’s a cover-up underway.
Blame it on the recession, weather patterns, or “Mad Men” euphoria, but fall fashion is trending conservative. There are different theories why Lagerfeld, Galliano and others tamed the sex kitten this fall. But the revival of minimalism, calf-skimming skirts, thick and frumpy sweaters and full-figured-50s frocks seems to suggest that a prudish, cleavage-free season has arrived.